Do you want to have more impact on your general practices?
Membership of the Australian College of Practice Coaches is for Practice Coaches who aspire to improve the clinical outcomes and business systems of the practices they support.
As a Member you will be able to participate in
- peer-sharing with a network of other practice facilitators, with plenty of opportunity for sharing knowledge and learning from your peers, including an online forum
- a library of courses to improve your skill and resources to share with your practices
- a unique professional development program that tracks your attainments and certifies your membership of the college.
- advice from three of Australia’s most experienced practice coaches, with expertise in quality improvement, coaching, data and technology, business systems, and all attributes of the medical home
Inaugural Membership Offer
This is a unique opportunity – become an inaugural member of the Australian College of Practice Coaches.
For a limited time, 6 months membership is available free of charge. But don’t delay – this offer to inaugural members is for a very limited time.
The Australian College of Practice Coaches
What are we trying to achieve?
High Impact Care
Highly Rewarding Practice
We aim to support practice coaches to have high impact on their practices.
They require both domain specific general practice skills and expertise in quality improvement and coaching.
Some of the skills required by practice coaches include :
- Engagement and relationship building
- Cultivating change management
- Intrinsic Motivation for sustained changed
- Progressive planning with 1% SMART goals
- Reviewing curious experiments
- Fostering cohesive teams
- Communicating with clarity
Science of Quality Improvement
- Understanding General Practice Systems
- Understanding models of QI
- Supporting improvement
- Using data and measurement
- Leading Breakthrough Collaboratives
Systems for Care Delivery
- Nurse led clinics
- Chronic Disease Management
- Engaging Vulnerable populations
Data and IT
- Using clinical systems
- Data extraction
- eHealth and interconnectedness
Business and structures of General Practice
- Governance in General Practice
- Between coached practices
- Developing local Kaizen / improvement communities
- Working with other practice coaches
Principal Consultant, Medical Business Services
Kim Poyner has an extensive history working with medical centres and Primary Health Networks to train medical professionals in Behaviour change theory and Chronic disease management. Kim was awarded the 2015 Australian Best Practice Nurse award in Chronic Disease Management and has successfully completed her NME exams for international endorsement of her coaching qualifications. In addition, she is training Health Professionals across Australia in the Health Care home trial, Readiness projects, and Quality Improvement strategies. She regularly presents at National conferences as a key note speaker on Change Management, Teaming, Coaching, Chronic Disease management, Creating Efficiency in General Practice and Care Co-ordination. Through her business MediCoach Kim mentor’s nurses and organisations to achieve their best, ensuring they are resilient in the changing health landscape.
GP, Alstonville Clinic
Tony Lembke is a GP in Alstonville, NSW, Australia. He has had a number of national health leadership roles. As Clinical Director of the Australian Primary Care Collaborative Program, Chair of Faculty of the Improvement Foundation, and Executive director of the Australian Centre for the Medical Home he has worked with more than 1000 general practices on quality improvement. He was inaugural chair of the North Coast Primary Health Network.
Tony has a strong interest in Health IMIT, having been Sydney University Medical School Donkey Kong Champion in 1983. He was the 2012 RACGP ‘General Practitioner of the Year’. He is also an ever optimistic Wallaby supporter and was coach of the Lismore U16 Rugby team.
If you do not currently have a role as a practice coach, but would like to keep up to date with Practice Coach Australia and learn from our free online courses, resources and blog, then our free Student Membership is the subscription level for you. (Student as in lover of learning, rather than student as formal university enrollee!). Sign up here
Australian College of Practice Coaching
A very special early bird offer is available for inaugural members.
Six months membership is available free of charge!
6 Months Coach Membership
Special introductory offer for inaugural members – 6 months of free membership. (we do not collect credit card details, you will have no automatic billing at the end of 6 months)